Answers about Mortgages
Select from the following questions about mortgages and other home loans.
- The bank foreclosed on my property and plans to sell it at a sheriff's sale (or auction). Can you contact the bank today to help me stop the sale?
- The bank notified me that there was a shortage in my escrow account and increased my payments. Is this legal?
- The bank sold my mortgage loan to another financial institution without my permission. Can it do this?
- I have a construction mortgage loan. The bank states I need to pledge a $50,000 certificate of deposit to provide extra collateral. Can it do that?
- My bank went out of business, but I need a release of my mortgage from them. What do I do?
- I am concerned that my bank may be preparing to foreclose on my mortgage. Where can I get help?
- My neighbor received a call from a mortgage relief agency that stated they could help prevent a foreclosure for a fee. My neighbor was pleased someone could assist them and was ready to accept. I am concerned and suggested they check into the company first and consider government programs. Was this good advice?
- What are some of the common foreclosure and mortgage rescue scams?
- What are some warning signs of Mortgage Modification Scams and Foreclosure Rescue Scams?
- How can I protect myself from Mortgage Modification Scams and Foreclosure Rescue Scams?
- I read in my local paper that you should be careful when contacted by companies promising foreclosure assistance as many of them have collected fees and not delivered results. Do you have any advice for affected homeowners and has anything been undertaken to stop the practice?
- A mortgage relief services company called me today and noted that they can save my home from foreclosure. The cost for the program is $2900.00. I am considering the program but do not want to be scammed. Are they allowed to assess the fee before the service is provided?
- What disclosures are required to be provided by a mortgage relief company to a prospective client based on the Mortgage Assistance Relief Services (MARS) rule?
- Does the Mortgage Assistance Relief Services (MARS) rule prohibit a mortgage relief services company from any specific practices?
- I am struggling to pay my mortgage and would like to get assistance. What should I do?